[LAU] Qtractor vs Rosegarden

From: Matthew Smith <matt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 09:11:29 EET

Hi Folks

After many attempts at building Rosegarden, both with the Gentoo ebuilds
and now by hand, with updates to KDE libraries, etc., it still crashes.
  Too much time wasted, three months on and I still haven't made a note
of music.

I have now moved onto Qtractor - this was mentioned in an earlier thread
and appealed to me as it is not infected with KDEitis.

Qtractor builds, it runs, it doesn't crash (yet). Woohoo!

Having had a quick look over it, the interface looks cleaner and less
overwhelming than Rosegarden.

Just out of interest, what - if any - are the pros and cons of
Rosegarden versus Qtractor? For myself, as an unsophisticated user, is
Qtractor (as it appears) all I'll ever need?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/