Re: [LAU] Single Play MP3 player

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 20:41:30 EET

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
> I'd go for the script. Name your files like:
> 01-my_title.mp3
> 02-my_second_title.mp3
> And then use something like the following:
> *** BEGIN ***
> #!/bin/bash
> for F in *.mp3 do
> mplayer $F
> read -p "Press a key and <ENTER> " KEY;
> done
> *** END ***
> You could then even do something with your key. Something like:
> case "$KEY" in
> q)
> echo "Quit the loop";
> ;;
> r)
> echo "Repeat the last title";
> ;;
> esac;
> You'll have to work with a while loop for some of this, but still,
> rather flexible.
> You could even put this:
> sleep 5
> before the mplayer command, so you'll have time to switch back to
> your lyrics or whatever...
> Another thing, about which I'm absolutely not sure, is to try xmms.
> I've heard they have a lot of things about playlists...

Well, if I need to I can prettly easily convert a program I already have
(xplaymidi) which calls up midi files and convert it to call mplayer or
whatever. It is probably easier/quicker to do that than to try get a
fancy player to do something simple ... just figured that someone else
would have done it already :)

--
  **** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden