Re: [LAU] template for lam mix website

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 14 2008 - 09:11:58 EET

Josh Lawrence wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to build a webpage for the LAM mix so if anyone has
>> suggestions for things that should be referenced on it and even ideas
>> for the layout/theme etc... I'm interested.
>>

> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost
>
> I've never used it, but it seems to have all of the functionality you
> need built right in.

It has potential but I think it may be too powerful for the first
version of the site.

I'm not sure the site would need to have any kind of account
infrastructure. Basically it would just be a reference point for the
details and location to download the actual mix.

I'm not sure it would be necessary to provide login facilities for
anyone. I'm not sure if anyone would else would have a need to add
anything to the site.

I'm open to suggestions though. If other people think they would like to
make mixes and have them referenced it a central location specific to
LAM then we could certainly take it in that direction. Although ccmixter
sort of achieves that goal already just on a broader scale.

I guess what I'm wondering is if others would like to have a location
for putting up mixes of LAM tracks or if this site should just be
focused on the annual mix and leave the more dynamic aspect to the
existing sites.

Maybe it can start as a single point and if there is demand it can grow
to encompass other mixes in the future.

Anyway I'll give ccmixter a shot to see if it can be adapted to the
immediate needs.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey