Re: [LAU] Qtractor vs Rosegarden

From: Tobiah <toby@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 14 2008 - 21:54:12 EET

> If you can use your ear, man, use it. Let some other mother put it down
> on paper.

When I was learning to compose in school, I spoke of the experience to
a friend. He was the sort of musician that would take a four-track,
lay down some guitar, then sing over it etc. and call it a composition.
I was explaining to him that part the process that I would go through
was to learn how to play a piece once it was *written*.

He looked surprised, and with a bit of pride he said that he had
never written anything that he could not play. I said that I had
only written things that he could not play.

Tobiah