Re: [LAU] What's the best MIDI sysex manager for Linux?

From: Matthew Smith <matt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 04:41:28 EET

Quoth Raphaël Doursenaud at 2008-11-17 08:12...
> Here it is.
> The problem was that it created sysex data fine but it was unable to
> load the file. This patch corrects this. AFAIK it's unsupported upstream
> but now that I fixed this problem I think it's not needed.
>
> I use it to manage my different setups for my ADA MP1, TC Electronic
> G.major, Roland SC-55 and TD-12 and never had a single problem.

Thanks for that!

I have built the application, but I can't figure out how to make it
"listen" (like if I did amidi -p hw:2 -r foo.sysex). There is only the
'request' option, but this brings up an empty drop-down.

I did my test by doing a backup of my SR16 (closest thing to hand)
through a cheap USB to MIDI interface. Worked OK with amidi - or at
least I received some data anyway.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/