[LAU] more Ingen questions

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 18:53:43 EET

Hello all,

So my main goal is to build a headless machine so I can have access to
some synth sounds live. I would really like to use free software to
do this and show it off to my Windows friends! So far I've been able
to get most everything going, but I need a synthesizer that can run
headless, thus I'm turning to Ingen.

Basically, all I want is the engine and the mda plugins. I do not
want to compile the whole thing (on my gigging machine anyway...),
just those pieces. How do I do this? The INSTALL file mentions how
to build the whole project, but not the pieces. My assumption is that
I start in the ingen directory and do the ./waf configure, ./waf,
./waf install, correct?

Then, what order do I need to build to get the mda plugins? lv2-core,
lv2, mda??? Again, I want *no* gui dependancies (I'm trying to keep
this system VERY small), just the functional pieces for the engine.

Thanks!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://hardbop200.blogspot.com