Re: [LAU] random system lockups, memtest clean, no idea... Magic sysrq?

From: Christopher Stamper <christopherstamper@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 22:26:34 EET

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Look for errors in your /var/log/ files? Make sure you have a look
> at the X log files. I've had troubles there from time to time.
>
> I hated it when I had this trouble, which turned out to be the wrong
> type of RAM for my mobo. Good luck!

I have the same problem. I couldn't find any errors in the logs...

I'd be interested to know what kind of system you have. I have an intel
mobo, 1GB DDR2 RAM at 800mhz, Intel Pentium D @ 3.2ghz, Intel embedded
graphics, and a WD SATA HD @ 16GB/3gbps.

I'm suspecting a graphics problem, but a fix doesn't seem to be coming
easily...

--
Christopher Stamper
Email: christopherstamper@email-addr-hidden