Re: [LAU] random system lockups, memtest clean, no idea... Magic sysrq?

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 03:01:28 EET

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Tobiah <toby@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Loki Davison wrote:
>>
>> Hey LADs,
>> My machine sometimes locks up.
>
> I'm having the same problem, but not in Windows.
>
> I'm suspecting my recent Kubuntu install. It didn't happen until I put this
> on my machine.
> I tried booting the realtime kernel, but then
> the lockups are quite frequent. I'd be lucky
> to get five minutes. With the stock kernel,
> it happens maybe every half hour.
>
> It happens most often when playing a sound,
> or playing a csound score in real time.
>
> What distro are you running?
>
> Tobiah

I'm running Mandriva 2009, custom RT kernel, not the mandriva RT one.
I'm just doing that because i've just always built with a similar
config. Though i think i should move to mandriva's RT kernel. i
haven't tried it with a non-rt kernel. Lockups are quite rare under
windoze but i don't really run it for long enough to know. I'm just
using it for some gaming. Do you get any oops output? Or just locked
machine and no logging?

Loki