Re: [LAU] new laptop redux

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 00:26:10 EET

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:21:00AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> BTW - I'm not suggesting only installing a single distro. you have
> enough disk space to install a few and try out support for the machine
> in each, just to see how it goes. Ain't grub grand? ;-)

On a related note: is it possible to have a (fedora) system
without any of the ****Kit junk from Freedesktop ? As far as
I can see none of these are essential - they are either doing
things that I perfectly live without (such as trying to manage
my 'seats') or trying to replace the functionality of other
modules, e.g. udev. Previous systems worked perfectly without
them. Yet for example 'yum remove ConsoleKit' lists around 150
dependent packages...

Ciao,

--
FA