Re: [LAU] new laptop redux

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 22 2008 - 02:12:48 EET

shane richards wrote:
> 4) Get a copy of rncbc's rt_irq script. It's a good basis to get
> all your audio timing right. (Oh, once it's installed, run jack
> at priority 70)

Thanks, Shane, this gem did the trick. I've left Jack running for more
than three hours, with no xruns reported. I just tested it with a simple
example in AVSythesis, with perfect performance, and I'm now getting
what are probably the best possible results from the snd-hda-intel
chipset, 17.5 ms latency with 0 xruns. Not pro-audio, but workable until
my UA25 arrives. :)

A few more tweaks and this system will be exactly as I want it. Many,
many thanks again to the LAU crew, you guys really are a terrific resource.

Best,

dp