Re: [LAU] [FFADO-devel] [ANN] FFADO 2.0 Release Candidate 1 (1.999.40) available

From: Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 18:12:24 EET

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008, Pieter Palmers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The FFADO team is proud to announce the first release candidate for
> FFADO 2.0.

I just downloaded and compiled the tarball using the scons method. I had
to invoke sudo at the install step.

Hoowever. that's as far as I got. When I hit 'start' in jackctl, I get
the following:

jackd 0.113.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
08042264252: (ffado.cpp)[ 92] ffado_streaming_init: libffado 1.999.40-
built Nov 23 2008 09:09:39
firewire ERR: Error creating FFADO streaming device
cannot load driver module firewire

--
Rick Green
                                   -Benjamin Franklin