Re: [LAU] Asus EEE 1000 as new softsynth?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 07:25:17 EET

On Sunday 23 November 2008 18:03, carmen wrote:
> i was expecting this, but netbooks have cheap fans. (a 12" notebook is
> not much bigger than a 8.9" netbook with 2 inches of useless plastic
> bezel)
> x200 makes zero noise,

Well, if you're comparing the 8.9" Aspire One to the Thinkpad X200.... the
X200 has almost double the volume and 50% more weight, and still costs
almost 5 times as much as the Aspire One. Sure, it's faster too, and
apparently the fan is more to your liking. To someone whose first and
second priorities are size/portability and price, though, the X200 would
simply be the wrong choice.

> you wanna buyy my aspire one?

Nope, they're cheap enough to buy off the shelf and get the warranty.
Besides, my main machine is a Thinkpad X41, so I'm already on board with
the whole 12" thing (in fact, I've never bought a laptop with a screen
larger than 12 inches, and I've paid a premium for that.) If I buy a
netbook, it'll be have to be one with a hard disk in order to replace my
clunky, Linux-based-but-crippled Archos 160GB jukebox.

Rob