Re: [LAU] wine and sound

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 13:37:52 EET

rosea grammostola wrote:
> I'm experimenting a bit with commercial software and wine. I'm not
> want to use it myself but want to show my friends what is possible.
>
> I'm following this howto:
> http://www.davehayes.org/2007/04/27/howto-reaper-on-ubuntu-linux-with-wineasio
>
> But when I start wine I get:
>
> ~$ winecfg
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on M Audio
> Audiophile 24/96, disabling mixer

This "error" simply indicates that there's no mixer element to your
sound device. My M-Audio Delta 66 yields the same report. I think you
can safely ignore it.

> When I hit the sound tab, my system (ubuntu hardy) freezes and I've to
> reboot
>
> What could this be?
A much more serious problem. I have no idea yet what's going on "behind
the scenes" with sound on Ubuntu. Maybe a Pulseaudio problem ?

Best,

dp