Re: [LAU] HDMI ?

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 20:46:41 EET

I suspect Dave does actually mean HDMI. There are a lot of laptops
that are coming with HDMI these days. NVidia is supporting it in their
chipselts as it enables display of DRM'ed video data on a TV screen
for watching movies without theft using encryption and Microsoft
tools. (Please, let's not let this turn political...)

I have heard of MythTV frontend boxes sending recorded video over HDMI
to flat panel TVs so it does work in Linux, at least to some extent.

Anyway, mostly I'm correcting my mistake before I make poor Dave spend
too much time on my stupidity.

Cheers,
Mark