[LAU] alsa midi to jack midi

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 10:49:23 EET

hello,

I've been looking at ingen ( http://drobilla.net/software/ingen/ ). Had
some problems getting it to build, but the trick turns out to be to
install liblo and libsoup bfore you configure the build. It's a really
nice bit of software - a GUI modular synth that lets you design and save
simple patches which can then be used as building blocks for more
complex ones.

The main problem I'm having with it so far is that it doesn't seem to
understand alsa midi - only jack midi. This is difficult as I don't have
or know of any midi programs (particularly a virtual keyboard) which
produce jack midi signals.

Does anyone know of an easy way to convert alsa midi into jack midi and
vice versa?

andy