Re: [LAU] wine and sound

From: Thomas Kuther <gimpel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 11:52:45 EET

On Di, 25.11.08 10:21 Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > I have found that using pulse audio volume control gives me a handy
> > little interface that I can set the stream to point to the correct
> > card per application.
> >
> > The first time I use an app I just need to make sure it is being
> > directed through the correct device.
>
> I tried that app [pavucontrol].. It offers me no way to choose e.g.
> my delta or the emu10k1. It insists that there's only onboard sound :(
>
> Since i don't need pulseaudio i'm happy with it being disabled. I
> guess i could file a bug report etc, but i don't care enough ;)
>
> Flo
>
> --
> Palimm Palimm!
> http://tapas.affenbande.org

That's most likely HAL not detecting the DACs correctly.
Happens with my Audiophile 24/96 too.

So you have to override HAL detection in ~/.pulse/default.pa or
systemwhide in /etc/pulse/default.pa

Uncomment following:
----------
.ifexists module-hal-detect.so
load-module module-hal-detect
.else
load-module module-detect
.endif
----------

And add following (that's one line for each definition!):
----------
load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=maudio_out device=hw:0
channels=10
channel_map=left,right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7

load-module module-alsa-source source_name=maudio_in device=hw:0
channels=12
channel_map=left,right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7,aux8,aux9
----------

You could also blast it through jack:
load-module module-jack-sink channels=2
channel_map=front-left,front-right

load-module module-jack-source channels=2
channel_map=front-left,front-right

Anyways, I just played with pulseaudio.. not that I would need it in
times of dmix. And all in all, I found it to be completely useless.

Cheers,
Thomas