Re: [LAU] korg + timidity + rosegarden via jack

From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 13:44:26 EET

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> robert lazarski wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have the latest rosegarden (RG) connected to my korg oasys via a
>> midisport 2x2 just fine. However, RG doesn't have a piano roll UI like
>> timidity does ...
>
> RG's Matrix editor isn't what you're looking for ?
>
> Best,
>
> dp

The RG matrix editor doesn't seperate 16 channels vertically in one
window like timidity does. For example, some of the midi files I use
have a seperate channel for right hand and left hand. It may seem odd
using timidity when I have a top end korg(which doesn't have a piano
roll either), but for me its layout is great for learning some songs.

Another poster mentioned using RG to export sheet music, which is an
idea. Still, I'd like to see if jack can do what I'm looking - split
the midi out from RG to my midisport and to timidity - and see where
that gets me.

Thanks,
- R