[LAU] Problems with Sound/MIDI on Ubuntu

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 15:17:37 EET

When I start rosegarden I get:

rosegarden
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket

jack@email-addr-hidden:~$ kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kio (KService*): WARNING: The desktop entry file
.hidden/kdiff3plugin.desktop has Type=Service but is located under "apps"
instead of "services"
kio (KService*): WARNING: Invalid Service : .hidden/kdiff3plugin.desktop

And then the system freezes :(

When I want to change MIDI driver in setting Qjackctl, my system freezes
when I start qjackctl... :(

I can open Qtractor and connect it to midi input (ALSA).
I can open Zynaddsubfx,connect it to the midi port and make sound...

Help needed here!