Re: [LAU] automated recording / processing / encoding to mp3

From: Christopher Stamper <christopherstamper@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 22:03:47 EET

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Brian Dunn <job17and9@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> LAUsers:
>
> I am trying to set up a box in a sound booth to take in a mono analog
> speech signal off of a board and then eventually output a id3 tagged
> mp3.

In my opinion, it would be best just to use Ardour. Set up a template, and
it shouldn't be too hard to use/teach.

Plus, you'd have the added advantage of easy reconfiguration/tweaking. You
may not always be available to fix/change the complex script that you may
come up with...

I know of several systems people are using to do the same thing. They use
ProTools in one case, Audacity or Cubase in another. And it works fine;
Ardour would be even better.

Another option is a MP3 recorder that uses CF cards, or some other flash
media. Don't know about the audio processing, though.

--
Christopher Stamper
Email: christopherstamper@email-addr-hidden