Re: [LAU] no connection...

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 04:12:48 EET

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 21:06 -0500, Preston C. wrote:
> > Which kernel are you booting? ("uname -r" to find out). Fedora 8 should
> > not exhibit the problem I was talking about, I have only seen it happen
> > in linux >= 2.6.26 (and perhaps 25 as well).
> >
> > It may be a problem in the particular Audigy alsa driver you have to use
> > for your card...
> >
> 2.6.24- I don't see how it could be a problem with the sound card
> driver when it works with a standard kernel? Then again you know more
> than me.

(not necessarily :-)

If it works with the standard kernel (and it is also 2.6.24) then it is
probably an interaction between the realtime preemption patch and that
particular alsa driver.

[but if the kernel base versions are not exactly the same for the
standard and realtime kernels then it could also be a problem in the
particular alsa driver - something that changed between versions]

-- Fernando