Re: [LAU] Synchronizing 2 computer with MIDI

From: Mysth-R <mysthr21@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 20:20:06 EET

Yes thank you. It does ... but when I use kmiditracker as a slave, the tempo
change every time, and it is not very synchro ... but yes, this is something
like that, that I am looking for.

The top of the top would be hacking Seq24 and add this feature. But I am not
a C or C++ developper ...

I am trying others trackers to see. But I am not so confortable with this
kind of sequencer.

2008/11/28 Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>

> Am Freitag 28 November 2008 schrieb Mysth-R:
> > > I don't know really... as I said, I didn't need to sync anything
> external
> > > during the last few years so I didn't care to look for that feature.
> > >
> > > But I do know that MIDI clock send and receive has been implemented in
> > > ardour3
> > > svn recently. I don't have the time to search which other apps might
> > > support
> > > it, sorry... as always, google is your friend :)
> > >
> > Ok thank you for your help. But using Ardour just to syncrhonize Two
> > computers using seq24, is just like killing a mosquito with an atomik
> bomb !
> > I would just need an software where I could choose slave or master,
> > adjusting the tempo (in the case of master) and send/recevive midi beat
> > clock and Jack transport.
> > If any kind developper listen to me .... ;-D
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Mysth-R
>
> Hm, I just found this, looks like it should do what you want (it claims to
> be
> able to act as MIDI clock master or slave):
>
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KMidiTracker?content=11141
>
> ah, the DL link there doesn't work, but i found the tar.bz2 here:
>

> http://www.sourcefiles.org/Multimedia/MIDI/Sequencers/kmiditracker-0.5.13.tar.bz2
>
> good luck,
>
> Edgar

*