Re: [LAU] [ANN] Songs 0.4pre1 and some help on equalizer

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 19:44:19 EET

Hi Cedric!
   I never tried more than stereo with my reverb. But I've heard other stories.
I'm running on a 1.8gHz Athlon CPU. For more info on jconv, you best see the
website or ask Fons. He's done a really great deal about it and it's clever!
   Well maybe LADSPA is not how you like it, but the advantage is amazing. You
can just use an already developed thing. And if it's buggy, it will be fixed
once. And you said it: GTK+ + OSS. I don't have OSS, but could probably get
it or I use the OSS-emulation of ALSA. But it's more JACK these days,
especially for recording and other live stuff. Besides: I can't use GTK+.
Probably I could, because there is some blind-friendly piece of software. But
it's all rather dependent... :-(
   So at least making your stuff into a LADSPA plugin you would release your
software to more people, which might mean more feedback and help.
   Oh gosh, sorry for fighting this course. But it seems so reasonable and
helpful! :-)
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------