Re: [LAU] disabled onboard soundcard - uninstall drivers?

From: Ludo Beckers <lazylew@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 13:46:40 EET

As far as I can tell all controls are unmuted and with sliders at least
halfway.

In System-Preferences-Sound-Devices all are set "autodetect" except:
Sound Capture --> ALSA and
Default Mixer Tracks --> CAO106 'Alsa Mixer)

The mouse-over pop up of the Volume Control reads: Analog Center/LFE: 86%.

In the volume control (CAO106 Alsa Mixer) there's 2 tabs:
Playback --> IEC958 Front
Recording --> Line In _ Microphone

In Menu-File (change device) I have:
- (marked) 0: CAO106 Alsa mixer
(following ones all unmarked)
- 1: mixer OO (OSS)
- 2: Playback: ALSA PCM on front: O (CAO106) via DMA (PulseAudio Mixer)
- 3: Capture: Monitor Source of ALSA PCM on front: O (CAO106) via DMA
(PulseAudio Mixer)
- 4: Capture: ALSA PCM on front: O (CAO106) via DMA (PulseAudio Mixer)

In Menu-Preferences "select tracks to be visible these 3 are marked:
Line In, Microphone and IEC958 Front
There's a whole bunch there unmarked: phone, IEC958 (variants: Center/LFE,
Rear, Unknown), Aux, Analog (variants: Center/LFE, Front, Rear, Side,
Source), Capture Feedback, Digital Source, Shared Mic/Line.

That's probably too much info, but I hope the wrong setting is detectable
here.
Thanks