Re: [LAU] Audio Hardware Recommendations

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 09 2008 - 21:12:51 EET

Hallo,
Christopher Stamper hat gesagt: // Christopher Stamper wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Btw.: all USB soundcards have the same latency.
>
> I guess that's because USB has a certain required latency? Interesting,
> either way...

The minimal latency you can get with USB is mainly limited by the USB
bus, not by what is at the other end of the cable.

I was able to play with 32 sample period in Jack and even one power
lower using a cheap Burr/Brown-chipset USB card (Terratec Aureon, though
any card will do) - but that's not very stable and only works for a
short time unless you have a really well tuned system (which I haven't).

Ciao

--
Frank