Re: [LAU] how to manage expression control?

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 19:39:17 EET

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:28 PM, confrey <confrey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I wrote a few time ago about 'crescendo' in long notes, and I thank you
> for yours suggestes; now I'd like to know what's the finest mode to
> manage CC #11 : I've began to use Rosegarden, and I've seen in matrix
> editor I can define a lines to manage expression, but it works by big
> steps only, I'd like a better and smoothly effect; which sequencer
> software can I use?

Keep in mind you can only define CC values in discrete steps from 1 to
127 so you are limited really in terms of how curved you can get.

Lately, I've been using a Wacom tablet & pen for drawing MIDI
automation curves, especially for expression. You can get much finer
control if you are using freehand curves instead of straight lines for
you CC data.

Another option, of course, is to use an expression pedal and record
your changes.

-- Brett