Re: [LAU] small usb/midi controllers

From: Simon W. Fielding <s.fielding@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 12:39:42 EET

> Subject: Re: [LAU] small usb/midi controllers
>
> Thanks for all the advice,
>
> I think I'll go with the Korg NanoKontrol for now unless I can find a
> cheap Oxygen 8. The Behringer bcf2000's overkill for me - I just need a
> few knobs for effects and synth parameters. If I'm going to spend that
> much I'd rather have a second keyboard than extra CC's.
>
> I found a good french site with a list of midi controls that work in
> linux:
>
> http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-
> index.php?page=Les+surfaces+de+contr%C3%B4le
>
> Les surface de controle fonctionnant sous Linux
> (liste non-exhaustive à compléter par vos expériences)
>
> * Berhinger BFC et BRC 2000
> * Evolution UC16
> * Evolution UC33
> * M-audio Oxygen 8
> * M-audio Oxygen49 fonctionne sans probleme
> * Novation Remote25
> * Vestax VCI-100
> * Korg NanoKontrol (éditeur testé sous wine et ubuntu, aucun
> problème)
> * Akai MPD24
> * KORG M3 reconnu en USB

If it helps at all, I have a M-Audio Oxygen 49 which works fine. Also, a Korg Nanopad
which works perfectly well, except that you need to run the Korg Kontrol Editor in wine
to program the pad. Finally, tomorrow, I am collecting a Behringer UMA25S and I would
happy to let you know how that works in a day or two if it would be useful.

All of these are on FC8 with PlanetCCRMA and a 2.6.24 RT kernel.

Cheers,
Simon