Re: [LAU] mac-mini size-alike pc for linux?

From: sh0099 <sh0099@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 18:27:33 EET

does anybody know if there are performance difference between
the intel atom and the via ...7... processors?

> If you're planing to use it for every-day audio work, you may want to
> consider a more performant solution, like the transtec senyo 610
> (http://www.transtec.de/D/D/products/personal_computer/pc/mini_pc.html).
> This device an be delivered with Suse Enterprise pre-installed, so it
> can be considered as "linux tested" :)

yes i where looking before for this company because i thought i would
need a fanless computer ... but now i think i just need a normal quiet
computer ...
the only thing is that the competitors to apple seam to be more expensive.
but thanks for the suggestions
> Btw, have you tried running a mac port of linux on your mac mini? I'm
> running debian here on an old imac and it is very performant (compared
> to OSX).

on the intel macs i just run a normal linux.
but i did not test it so much so i dont know anything if everything is
perfect.

p.s.:
i have an old ibook where it is impossible to use a firewire soundcard
do you think it would be possible to use it with linux and ffado did
anybody try to compile ffado on a ppc?