Re: [LAU] mac-mini size-alike pc for linux?

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 20 2008 - 05:06:35 EET

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 02:38:48PM +0100, sh0099 wrote:
> hey i used a mac mini ... with a 1,83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
>
> the good thing about this computer is the size and that the computer is
> silent (i mean the fan).
>
> is there pc on the market with a similar size and which is similar silent?
>
> maybe already linux tested?

Why not use a Mac Mini? Runs Linux just fine (I used one for about 6 months running Debian).

I bought a Mini-ITX motherboard with the same specs as a Mac Mini for cheap. Still trying to get it to boot properly off of USB though (it refuses sometimes) which was my plan to get it to run off of Flash device. If you want to build your own PC from parts you could probably find a mini-ITX case and mobo and run whatever linux you like off of it.

-ken