Re: [LAU] which USB card with optical out?

From: Justin Smith <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 21:11:40 EET

As will usually be mentioned when someone asks about USB, any card
that is class compliant usb 1.0 will work under linux, with no trouble
whatsoever. This usually means any card that lists USB 1.0
compatibility. I got a creative USB card a while back with
rca/eighth-inch/optical IO for around $40 at Fry's. It worked just
fine (though USB 1.0 does have a higher latency than firewire, of
course). I don't remember the model, I am lending it to a friend, but
there should be an equivalent out there now.