Re: [LAU] Call for Participation: International Counting Track

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 23 2008 - 11:27:42 EET

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 08:21 +1030, Matthew Smith wrote:

> I'll try to get some recorded in the next week or so.

Cool :)

> Does it have to be recorded using Linux or can I use my H2? (I'd do the
> tidying up using Audacity, but wasn't sure if this had to be Linux
> end-to-end.)

Whatever works for you. Though using Ardour would make it simple
regarding the requested format. Can your H2 record at 48 kHz?

> What about a vocoded version as well? My (analogue) microphone just
> happens to be plugged into the vocoder in put of my MS2000R. (For
> natives of the planet KlingKlang ;-)

Well, with what I have in mind, I would aim for a "natural" sound for
most of the piece, but perhaps try vocoding for the whole thing later
on. I wouldn't mind _additional_ processed samples, but might not use
them. I would still include them with the other material for download.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: