[LAU] ongoing saga of jackd, alsa jack plugin, skype, and flash in firefox

From: R Dicaire <kritek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 03:16:25 EET

Hi folks

In my continuing quest to get skype and flash to use alsa's jack
plugin, here's what I've achieved so far.
I've built current jack and alsa, defined a custom PCM device in
.asoundrc, configured skype to use that device, and now this works
without crashing jackd.

I didn't have as much luck with flash though. I defined default PCM to
use the same slave as the skype PCM uses, and in qjackctl I see
attempts by the jack plugin to connect to jackd while viewing a
youtube video, but a connection doesn't seem to be maintained, and no
sound is heard. While this isn't critical for me as I don't go to
youtube anyway, I was hoping this would have been a good test of using
the jack plugin as a default PCM.

Anyone else been successful in using the jack plugin as a default
device and getting flash audio to use it?

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com