Re: [LAU] jackd process can't be killed

From: R Dicaire <kritek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 01:32:35 EET

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> The problem I see only happens when you use the ALSA sequencer API with
> any external MIDI interface. The sequencer API works fine as long as
> external ports are not involved. And if you use an external MIDI
> interface through the rawmidi interface it works fine. The combination
> of rawmidi + sequencer fails...

While I can start jackd with -Xraw or -Xseq, both of these options
prevent killing the jackd process.
jack-rack, on startup, tries to open the seq device, and just hangs, I
can kill it, but jack-rack won't run since it cannot finish its
initialization.
qtpod, a Line6 Pod editor that uses external midi interface, cannot
init the interface, and fails to communicate
with the Pod device.
I had to remove all midi references from ardours config in order to
get it to start, and run.

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com