Re: [LAU] Made with Linux

From: Stéphane Magnenat <stephane@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 15:49:55 EET

Thank you all for your nice comments.

> Joern is right, the artifacts are clearly audible here too, but I'm not
> sure how you'd go about minimizing them. Do they result from the pitch
> correction ?

Yes, but the soprano has a light voice that doesn't sound a lot, even without
correction. That doesn't help when doing correction. For instance, the bass is
corrected as much as the soprano, but this results in less artefacts. I do not
know whether this is due to the more intense timber of the bass or the lower
frequency, when compared with the soprano.

When doing the mixing, it was difficult to place the voice in such way that they
all blend well together, as the singers have very different timbers.

If someone is interested, I can provide the Ardour mixing project.

Thank you for your feedback, kind regards,

Stéphane

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net