Re: [LAU] Decent but not necessarily pro quality USB audio for laptop?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 12:11:44 EET

Tapani Sysimetsä wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> If you have a PCMCIA slot, and only need to use the soundcard with your
> laptop, I'd recommend Echo Indigo IO. I bought mine second hand for
> about 100 e, and have not regretted. Has worked flawlessly with all
> Debian based distros I have tried so far, latency around/less than
> 10msec with Jack. (Not to say USB-devices wouldn't work just as fine
> with Linux nowadays, I just don't have experience about them.)

Thanks, but 100E secondhand means it's probably well out of my price
range. My laptop does have a PCMCIA slot. I have a compact flash card
reader that plugs into it, but data transfers are very slow through it.
I wouldn't be surprised to find that the silly laptop shares interrupts
with PCMCIA, video and audio hardware!

--
David
gnome@hawaii.rr.com