[LAU] LADSPA SDK: plugin access with analyseplugin

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 05:39:54 EET

Hi LADSPA experts and tinkerers,

Julien Claassen observed that the LADSPA
SDK program 'analyseplugin' doesn't seem to return
output for some plugins.

For example, Fons Adriaensen's plugin G2reverb.

        $ analyseplugin G2reverb

        Failed to load plugin "G2reverb": G2reverb: cannot open

In my Debian system, the plugin is named g2reverb.so. I
discovered that if I rename it to be G2reverb.so and try
again:

        $ analyseplugin G2reverb

        Plugin Name: "Stereo reverb"
        Plugin Label: "G2reverb"
        Plugin Unique ID: 1950
        Maker: "Fons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>"

So it looks like analyseplugin needs to lowercase
the plugin label before searching for it.

I tried recompiling the LADSPA-SDK and see
the same behavior.

Couldn't that be fixed with just a bit-shift somewhere?
I wonder if someone could provide a patch.

It matters to me, because my project, Nama,
uses analyseplugin to get information about
available plugins. Processing text from a pipe
is much easier for Perl and myself than some
clever C-XS-fu to get the same information.
Even renaming all the files in /usr/lib/ladspa
would be easier.

Regards,

Joel

--