Re: [LAU] What would you recommend for fine-tune equalization/calibration?

From: Mike Mazarick <mazarick@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 14:50:00 EET

Reuben Martin wrote:

> This is not building a DAW. This is an exercise in masochism.

;-)
Nothing exceeds like excess.

> Seriously. Save yourself a lot a headache, not to mention time that
> could be
> spent recording, and get yourself a decent pair of near field monitors.

Would love to, but I'm planning on using 32 speakers/channels, so it may take more than a pair of speakers. Eventually, I'll spend the money on upgrading the speakers once the rest of the system is operational. That way I'll know how much is appropriate to spend. The software tools and process used will probably remain the same. The main difference will be I will probably need +=5db pads rather than +-15db pads on the equalization (plus better speakers will obviously sound better).

> If you really must torture yourself, you might find these tools useful:
>
> http://gaydenko.com/qloud/
> http://drc-fir.sourceforge.net/

Excellent suggestion, and is just the type of thing I was looking for.