Re: [LAU] [LAD] LAC2009

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 01:56:26 EET

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 01:33:34AM +0200, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:

> I'm thinking hard about whether to offer a presentation
> about LASH's recent changes and future.

Such a presentation would be most welcome. It would
also provide a good introduction to

> a LASH brainstorming session,

(which would then be planned after your presentation).

Again, this would be a very good idea.
A lot has happened since the first LAC, and looking
at all of it I get sort of a 90% syndrome feeling.
The functionality that LASH provides, or that could
be provided by future versions of it, is IMHO one of
the essential things that really need attention if we
want Linux Audio to be 'competitive'. Defining it will
require either broad cooperation and concensus, or a
dictator, and it's not an easy matter at all.

> And I trust there will be a JACK meeting again
> this year too, no?

It depends only on who will be present. Looking at
the results, last year's meeting has been quite
useful.

Ciao,

--
FA