Re: [LAU] [LAD] LAC2009

From: Renato Fabbri <renato.fabbri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 03:29:24 EET

2009/1/13 David Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden>:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 01:37 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 07:38:40PM -0500, David Robillard wrote:
>>
>> > Dooooooo it :) Though, both LASH and JACK talks/session/whatever
>> > converge at the D-Bus stuff... maybe they could be tackled as a single
>> > concept
>>
>> They are indeed closely related in practical terms.
>>
>> > (LASH pretty much exists to solve a problem caused by the use of
>> > JACK anyway)
>>
>> Do you prefer being burned at the stake or quartered ? :-)
>
> Truth! The pros outweight the cons though, if that gets me pardoned :)
>
>> > I'd like to do an LV2 presentation this year, but I don't think I can
>> > swing attendance :/ Dah well
>>
>> Still it would be good to have such a presentation.
>
> Definitely. LV2 is one of those things that can look
> awful/weird/confuding/overdone at first glance but is really easy to
> explain in real life such that people Get It... (that everyone involved
> sucks at PR doesn't help either)
>
>> Beg, steal or borrow !

hey, i really wanted some kind of step-by-step lv2 plugin tutorial,
like, in each step a hole plugin exploring some lv2 and programming
features. I started it, but i dont think i can tackle this stuff by my
own and by lac2009 deadline.. anyway its here:

svn co http://svn.assembla.com/svn/audioexperiments/lv2tutorial
or browse at:
http://trac.assembla.com/audioexperiments/browser/lv2tutorial

there are too some starting plugins here
svn co http://svn.assembla.com/svn/audioexperiments/lv2plugs

"i apollogise for the unpolished work", i have to spend some days on
it, than weeks, then... but its all yours if you like, i didnt even
put a licence on this stuff. I would enjoy working a little on it too,
maybe like exposing all the questions/difficulties that me, dummy
python quasi-programmer,.have or have had, and trying to code some
more.

Renato
-gk ;)