Re: [LAU] How to do an online album release? (shane richards)

From: Simon Ives <simon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2009 - 03:01:24 EET

Hi Shane.

I've set up systems just as you describe for a number of clients using the content management system Drupal. If you've got some simple web programing
experience then you could do this on your own. If you don't then you can approach a Drupal developer on their forums. A default Drupal installation
has all of the features that you need in delivering your media and managing your community. The Drupal website is http://www.drupal.org/ and you'll
find a link to their forums/paid services on their homepage.

The hosting company that you choose will depend upon how busy your site is. If you have many people downloading DVD images, or many people using
interactive features of the website at the same time then you'd need a faster, perhaps dedicated, server. Most large webhosts provide a selection of
plans to choose from and if you select a cheaper plan you can usually upgrade to something more suitable.

I've not configured CD audio tracks to include everything that you require. Perhaps someone else on the list can answer this question.

--
Simon Ives