Re: [LAU] lost sound (it had been working)

From: Reid Vail <rsv869@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 23:29:01 EET

argg...this is SO wierd.

Check all the basics.

Speakers work on a different PC, so it's not a physical problem there.
I get nothing at all from the head-phone jack either.

The funny thing is, this all started when after I tried plugging in a
mic. And that's it.

Here are some settings that might be useful.

reid@email-addr-hidden-rv:~$ grep 'audio' /etc/group
audio:x:29:reid
reid@email-addr-hidden-rv:~$ cat /proc/asound/modules
 0 snd_via82xx
reid@email-addr-hidden-rv:~$ cat /proc/asound/modules
 0 snd_via82xx
reid@email-addr-hidden-rv:~$ lsmod|grep snd_via82xx
snd_via82xx 36904 4
snd_via82xx_modem 21900 0
gameport 21776 1 snd_via82xx
snd_ac97_codec 133080 2 snd_via82xx,snd_via82xx_modem
snd_pcm 99208 5
snd_via82xx,snd_via82xx_modem,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_mpu401_uart 16768 1 snd_via82xx
snd 79432 19
snd_via82xx,snd_via82xx_modem,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
snd_page_alloc 17680 3 snd_via82xx,snd_via82xx_modem,snd_pcm
reid@email-addr-hidden-rv:~$

And yet...total silence.

There must be something else I can check.

Thanks

Reid