Re: [LAU] lost sound (it had been working)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 23:56:58 EET

On Monday 19 January 2009 16:51:11 Reid Vail wrote:
> I'm really confused about what's gone wrong with my sound. Total
> Silence even though it was working less than two weeks ago after an
> upgrade to 8.10. User error?, or a bad patch maybe...can you help?
> I'm running ubuntu 8.10 on a 64-bit machine

Over at aaron seigo's blog there is quite some stir about distributions
enforcing pulseaudio on the users which breaks it for a lot of people. Could
that be the reason?

A side note: pa claims to replace (in functionality) what aRts did quite some
years ago. And judging from the various complains, it does this job rather
well on the sucker-scale...

Have fun,

Arnold