Re: [LAU] Audio recording from Rosegarden+QSynth+Hydrogen

From: Andras Simon <szajmi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 04:05:20 EET

On 1/23/09, M Watts <zwy648rct@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Maybe qarecord? It's just a simple writable jack client that can record
> all system output to a .wav file. No whizz-bang features, but it does
> its job well.

That would be fine. But whatever I do with it, it crashes saying this:

Error opening PCM device plughw:0
Could not open PCM for capture.
can't set sched_setscheduler - using normal priority
qarecord: pcm.c:689: snd_pcm_close: Assertion `pcm' failed.

I don't know if this is because of some bit rotting (the last version
I found is from 2004).

BTW, I also tried jackrec, a command line utility, with port
system:playback_1 (reported by jack_lsp), but it said

source port in attempted connection of system:playback_1 and
jackrec:input1 is not an output port
cannot connect input port jackrec:input1 to system:playback_1

On to ardour now...

Andras