Re: [LAU] Audio recording from Rosegarden+QSynth+Hydrogen

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 18:04:48 EET

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:36:52 +0100
<hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 03:15:04 +0100
> Andras Simon <szajmi@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > On 1/23/09, Justin Smith <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Audacity does not play very well with jack at the moment, though
> > > they are looking to change that soon. Ardour and qtractor are both
> > > going to be a better bet for recording from two apps at once.
> >
> > I was kind of hoping that the culprit was my audacity or jackd
> > blindness (perhaps some missing connection in qjackctl). But
> > apparently no such luck...
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Andras
>
> Why don't you use rosegarden for recording if you already use it
> anyway? Hydrogen does jack transport and I think rosegarden does so as
> well. Or do I miss something?
>
> Audacity only shows up as jack client once you hit record or play, so
> it's pretty much unusable with jack for the time being..
>
> Regards,
> Philipp

If I want to record a mixture of synths and/or live audio I use
timemachine. 100% jack client which means you can set up routes for,
say, jamin on some channels but not others. timemachine also has this
great 10 second 'pre' recording so you don't miss anything at the start.

Once I have everything recorded *that's* when I load it into audacity
for further edits/effects.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk