Re: [LAU] Audio recording from Rosegarden+QSynth+Hydrogen

From: Andras Simon <szajmi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 18:28:50 EET

On 1/24/09, hollunder@email-addr-hidden <hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Why don't you use rosegarden for recording if you already use it
> anyway? Hydrogen does jack transport and I think rosegarden does so as
> well. Or do I miss something?

It's more likely that I do... I'm not sure I understand what you mean
by "recording". If you mean "press that red button in RG and start
playing", then well, yes, I do that in RG, and everything's fine
(usually). But after all the tracks are done (recorded), I'd like to
record (maybe this is wrong terminology; let's say "save") the
resulting audio as, say, a wav file, that one can listen to without
RG, hydrogen and all the synths being around. It's this that I have
problem with if there are more than one synths that are producing the
sounds for the tracks.

Does jack transport help in this second step?

Andras