Re: [LAU] Plasma TV as monitor for studio work.

From: alex stone <compose59@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 22:40:39 EET

Thanks to all for the input. It gives me much to think about, and i've asked
some colleagues here about the 'burn' issue. A good call, thanks.

For those driving larger LCD screens, what's the general consensus for
graphic cards, and any extra tweaks you might have had to cope with?

I should add here, this is for usage with the usual apps, Linuxsampler,
Ardour, RG, Jconv, etc. and the biggest intent on my part is to seed as many
tracks as possible on the screen at one time. (I'm using multiple desktops,
as i wrote.)

1 more question if i may?

In past experiments, i've been able to make apps 'stick' to a particular
desktop (or 'viewport'). In KDE i could do this, so when the app opened, it
did so in the right desktop.

I've yet to be successful at this with GTK/gnome, on a regular scriptable
basis. (So my startup script with open apps and templates in sequence, and
do so, each in the right desktop.)

Is this an error on my part, a bit missing in GTK/Gnome, or an Ubuntustudio
challenge in particular?

Alex.