Re: [LAU] Audio recording from Rosegarden+QSynth+Hydrogen

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 23:33:59 EET

Andras Simon:

> I have tracks in RG whose sound is produced by qsynth, and others
> that are played by hydrogen. Is there a way to record what I hear
> in RG? I can record separately the qsynth tracks by choosing
> Jack:qsynth, and the hydrogen tracks by choosing Jack:Hydrogen-1
> as the recording device in audacity, but then I have to
> (re)synchronize them. Other choices for recording device are
> Jack:rosegarden and Jack:system, but they apparently don't hear
> either of the tracks.
>
> Life would (I think) be simpler if audacity appeared as a writable
> client in qjackctl. (Should it, by the way?)

This is what jack_capture is for:
http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~ksvalast/arkiv/src/?C=M;O=D

Do you just want to record what you hear?
In case, just write:

$ jack_capture

Or in case you want to record the output ports
from hydrogen, rosegarden and qsynth, write something like this:

$ jack_capture -p rosegarden:out* -p hydrogen:out* -p qsynth:left -p qsynth:right