Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 23, Issue 32

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 11:53:44 EET

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Andras Simon wrote:

> On 1/26/09, Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>> What does /etc/security/limits.conf say?
>>
>> My file has this line:
>>
>> "@audio - memlock 25000000"
>>
>> which gives me 2.5m of non-locked memory. (at least I think
>> that's what it means)
>
> Mine has everything commented out, except:
>
> ## Automatically appended by jack-audio-connection-kit
> @jackuser - rtprio 20
> @jackuser - memlock 4194304
>
> ## Automatically appended by jack-audio-connection-kit
> @pulse-rt - rtprio 20
> @pulse-rt - nice -20
>
> I should add that pulse is not running.

Are you sure you are in the jackuser group?
$ groups|grep jackuser

Oh, and you should set rtrprio much higher. 100 should
be enough. :-)
You should also add the line

@jackuser - nice -20

I also wonder which distibution you are using?
Normally, the realtime user is called "audio"...?
I don't know if it would make any problems though
but maybe.

>>> Much more interesting:
>>>
>>> [simon@email-addr-hidden jack_capture-0.9.31]$ ./jack_capture -B 0.1
>>> 1
>>> 2
>>> 4
>>> 5
>>> 6
>>> 7
>>> Warning, the format "wav" is not supported. Using wav instead.
>>

>> Try make clean before make. If that doesn't help,
>
> It did help, this warning disappeared, but the segfault did not.

Any chance you could debug it with gdb? (Don't bother
if you haven't used gdb before)