Re: [LAU] [NEWS] A library for controlling apps using the native mode of the padKontrol

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 13:56:13 EET

Hallo,
Guillaume Meurisse hat gesagt: // Guillaume Meurisse wrote:

> Le mardi 27 janvier 2009 à 12:09 +0100, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> > Interesting! Do you think this could be extended to give support for
> > Korg's nano* series? Because for the price of one padKontrol one could
> > get all three nano-controllers. ;)
> >
> > Ciao
>
> If there is a similar native mode then it is possible but i need the
> Sysex implementation. The nano series needs a computer in order to be
> configured and completely employed. This would be nice.

It may be that Korg uses similar software on most of their devices -
and I even think it's likely as it is cost-efficient, and
M-Audio/Evolution is doing a similar thing with their range of
controllers.

I don't have a nano* yet, but I'm considering to buy one - they are so
cute! ;)

> I dont know much about making sequencer apps so i dont think i'll make a
> step sequencer or anything else like this with this library

Personally I use Pd so I have all the sequencers I need. In fact with Pd
an editor wouldn't be that urgent anyway, as it's more flexible to make
and change controller configurations inside of Pd, but still an editor
would be nice for other, more traditional applications that aren't as
flexible as Pd.

Ciao

--
Frank