Re: [LAU] Recording multiple instruments at once? [OT?]

From: Roger E <gurusonic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 00:57:38 EET

James Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 07:04:47PM +0000, rob wrote:
>
>> James Stone wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a reasonably
>>> cheap USB interface to record a band live (so multiple inputs
>>> from the different instruments). I guess some kind of mixer would
>>> be nice, but a sound card with 6 inputs would be fine.
>>>
>>> James
>>>

>> I don't use USB, but IIRC USB1 has insufficient bandwidth for >2 channels,
>> and there are zero USB2 soundcards that work under Linux.
>>

> Interesting. What would you suggest instead?
>
> James

Firewire card. Focusrite Saffire, RME Multiface or Presonus. Not so
cheap though.
see http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport/list
Of course you need a decent Firewire interface on your computer too.
If it's PC rather than laptop you could use something like M-Audio Delta
1010 (PCI) which is well supported.