Re: [LAU] Tranzport + Ardour2 ?

From: Giso Grimm <gg3137@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 19:53:11 EET

Hi Dave,

I am using the Tranzport with ardour 2.7.1 and UbuntuStudio
(2.6.24-23-rt kernel). It works well except for some stability problems
(which are probably caused by the user-space driver).

I had to add this line to the file /etc/udev/rules.d/50-tranzport.rules
(I found the information somewhere in the discussion on ardour.org, not
in the manual):

# Frontier Designs Tranzport

SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{idVendor}=="165b",
SYSFS{idProduct}=="8101", MODE="666"

Can you say more about your error messages (if any)?

@Mike: BTW, about a year ago I mentioned my user-space standalone
application for tranzport-2-midi CC conversion (which is much more
stable than the ardour based driver). Now I got in contact with liblo,
and I am optimistic that I will be able to turn my application into an
OSC control surface for ardour.

Giso